Saturday, December 27, 2008

Updates on Kota Kinabalu developments in 360x180 degree Pano

I've improved my generation of 360x180 degree Panoramic pictures.
During the last Christmas day, 25th of Dec, 2008, I took panos at 3
sites in Kota Kinabalu. Earlier, I took pictures at the new Kota
Kinabalu airport. The last few days, I start processing them. With a
new PC, Athlon 64 X2, 5200, with 4Gbyte of RAM, processing is much
faster. This month, I have uploaded to sabahheaven blogspot, more than
10 panoramic pictures.

There is a new esplanade in front of Hyatt Hotel but fishing is not
allowed and boats cannot berth there. Just next to it is the KK Market
Jetty, an old but modern pontoon based jetty which makes it convenient
for passengers to get inside boats. It is mainly used for people
travelling to Gaya Island. Tourists are welcome but passengers are
present in large numbers. Too large that they had to wait for their
boats to land while waiting for their turn. Those waiting, had to
anchor about 50 meters from the jetty in order to avioid congesting.

Large fishing boats are tied to the concrete embankments next to the
esplanade. Instead of wasting money building the esplanade out of
wood, they should allow fishing and boating instead. It is a waste of
our seafront. They should build more pontoons for boats and sun
shelters for fishermen and picnickers. Meanwhile, the former chicken
market is left empty and dilapidated due to no maintenance.

Because I have so many pictures presented in large sizes of 1920
horizontal resolutions, each taking up to 200Kbytes of data, I post my
pictures in the form of posts. Unfortunately blogspot wiill archive
and hide these posts when I have posted, i.e. uploaded, more than 10
pictures.

No comments:

antolepore.blogspot.com disappeared

antolepore.blogspot.com disappeared I had my account blocked by mistake and when they gave me my antoleporeATgmailDOTcom account back but t...